Publications and Research
- A. Carpini, “Design, implementation and testing of a wireless system for vital signs and kinematic parameters monitoring”, Master’s Degree Thesis, University of Florence, 2012
- A. Carpini, “Implementation and testing of a Real-Time Localization System based on Ultra Wide Band for kinematic survey in sports”, Bachelor’s Degree Thesis, University of Florence, 2010
- L. Mucchi, A. Carpini, “Aggregate Interference in ISM Band: WBANs need cognitivity?”, INVITED PAPER, CrownCom 2014 – 9th International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks, Oulu, Finland, June 2–4, 2014.
- L. Mucchi, Y. Chen, A. Carpini, “ISM Band Interference Behaviour in a Modern City Hospital”, EuCAP 2014 – The 8th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, World Forum in The Hague, The Netherlands, 6-11 APRIL 2014.
- L. Mucchi, A. Carpini, “ISM Band Aggregate Interference in BAN-working Environments”, ISMICT 2014 – 8th International Symposium on Medical Information and Communication Technology, Florence, Italy, 2-4 April 2014.
- L. Mucchi, A. Carpini, “Path loss and interference shadowing model for a real city hospital”, Bodynets 2013, Boston, MA, 30 Sept. – 2 Oct. 2013.
- L. Mucchi, F. Trippi, A. Carpini, M. Amato, R. Cozzani, “Wearable Wireless ECG System for Personal Health-care Applications”, ISMICT 2013, Tokyo, Japan, 6-8 March 2013
- L. Mucchi, F. Trippi, A. Carpini, M. Amato, “Performance of Wireless ECG Monitoring in City Hospitals in the Presence of Interference”, 7th International Conference on Body Area Networks, Workshop on Ultra Wide Band for Body Area Networking (UWBAN), Oslo, 24-26 Sept. 2012.
- L. Mucchi, F. Trippi, A. Carpini, M. Amato, R. Cozzani, “Performance of Wireless Real-Time System for ECG Monitoring in Hospitals”, International Symposium on Medical Information and Communication Technology, accepted at ISMICT 2012, 26-29 March 2012, San Diego, CA.
- L. Mucchi, F. Trippi, A. Carpini, “Wireless Real-Time System for measuring performance and health in sports”, 2nd International Workshop on Future Wellness and Medical ICT Systems (FEELIT), in conjunction with WPMC 2011, Brest, France, 3-6 Oct. 2011.
- L. Mucchi, F. Trippi, A. Carpini, “Ultra Wide Band Real-Time Location System for Kinematic Survey in Sports”, ISABEL Conference, 7-10 Nov. 2010, Rome, Italy.
- L. Mucchi, A. Sorrentino, A. Carpini, M. Migliaccio, G. Ferrara, “A Physically-Based Indicator for Identifying UWB Indoor Channel Condition”, IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Volume 8, Issue 1, 08 January 2014, p. 16 – 21, DOI: 10.1049/iet-map.2013.0255
University Area of interest and Research
- Real Time Localization Systems (RTLS)
- Tracking system (RFId, UWB) for sport and logistic improvement
- Ultra Wide Band wireless technology
- MEMS Systems and Inertial Systems
- Microcontrollers applications (DSP and WSN particularly)
- Electronic systems
- Numeric techniques to improve localization (eg. Kalman Filter)
- Cooperative and non-Cooperative Wireless Sensor Network (WSN)
- WPAN/WBAN and Wearable Sensors for telemedicine and sports
- e-Health services
Customers and Projects
- ASSO – e-health system for patient home assistance 24/24h
- BioUWB Track – Assessment of biological requirements during sport, monitoring kinematic parameters with MEMS sensors and UWB system
- UWB Logistics – UWB RTLS system to improve industrial logistic
- BBS – Safety navigation system based on a low frequency ranging system
- SEED – System for Emergency Evaluation of Displacement with WSN and extremely high accurate RTLS
- WiGIM – Developing, implementing and testing an innovative wireless sensor network (WSN) for the 3D superficial monitoring of ground deformations, as landslides and subsidence
- UCARE – Developing, implementing and testing wearable electrocardiograph and Ultra Wide Band RTLS for healthcare
- Somain – Tracking system with RFid during yacht refitting
- ACF Fiorentina – Experimentation of Ultra Wide Band RTLS to improve soccer players performance
TagAFE AFE-001 android arcade arduino audio CEV2TV cga CGA Video Mode christmas C language Converter diy ECI ega EGA Video Mode extra flash health IoT kalman kalman filter kickstarter lcd memory microcontroller Multisite Piezoelectric projector Relay RLY-1601 RTLS scart software stm32 sync Ubisense University vga VGA Video Mode video Video Converter WiFi wordpress x2VGA